[mythtv] [Experiemental Patch] DVB now-next

Steve Davies steve at one47.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 17:00:16 EST 2004

John Pullan wrote:

> Since we in the UK are still waiting for the BBC to get the Freeview EPG
> going, I thought I'd try and put together some code to update the
> program database from the "now next" EIT tables. (The idea being that it
> would allow me to test EIT parsing and also it might be of use to
> someone)
>
> Anyway here it is, it's not to be put anywhere near a mythtv box you're
> particularly attached to (at least not the database), but it does seem
> to work. To set it up you need to enter the service id for the channel
> you want it to update, as it checks the incoming EIT table against a map
> of these.

[snip]

Excellent stuff - I'll be trying it as soon as my local tree is building
properly again on my test box :-)

Also, I am told that the Crystal Palace transmitter is joining the trial of
the 7-day EPG in a week or so, which should allow more significant testing :-)

Regards,
Steve
Steve Davies                   steve at one47.co.uk

PGP Fingerprints:
DH/DSS : 5D85 8164 91D7 E9CC 4F80  842B AB86 93D9 8938 7612
RSA    :      4E2E E60F 3D76 9E7E  70F9 901B 70FA 56C8
RSA4096: 02BE 5C0E EFA2 E1E4 EA89  C9CC 1E4F F654 3BC7 B65E