[mythtv] Virect video playback via NFS

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Feb 19 12:44:07 EST 2004

> > It makes it so that the frontend can read the file directly rather
> > than streaming it from the backend.  The frontend still has to talk to
> > the backend to get the list of recordings.  It sounds like you thought
>
> I think I have this set up properly then (maybe not).
>
> Frontend config: (connects to backend's database):
> nfs mounts backend:/mnt/store to /mnt/store on the frontend. Can see and play
> movies and music via the nfs mount but can not see recorded programs.

You probably can't see recordings because of the recording group bug that
was fixed a while back.  You need to change your default recording group
that is displayed on the watch recordings screen.  Use 'M' to change it
via the popup menu.

If you're still having problems, can you move the discussion to the -users
list instead of -dev?

--

Chris