[mythtv] Filters don't get loaded on a DURON PC

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Wed Feb 18 19:34:39 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:46:33 -0700, "manu" <eallaud at yahoo.fr> said:
> I have a laptop that I use occasionnaly as a remote frontend. No filter
> gets loaded (there is a message from the filtermanager saying it cannot
> load the filter, either linearblend, either kerneldeint, though I think
> denoise3d works...).
>
> I compiled myth with MMX and HAVE_3DNOW perhaps this is the cause of
> the problem (though my /proc/cpuinfo advertises MMX, SSE, 3DNOW and
> 3DNOW_EXT).
>
> Is this a bug or did I misconfigure something?

If it's a bug, it's not one I've seen before.  The "cannot load filter"
message indicates that filtermanager has constructed a list of filters
and selected formats for them, and has started loading the filters, but
that one of them has reported failure during its initialization.  Are
there any other errors reported before that?  Most of the filters should
already print a message if they are unable to load.

I'm not able to get to my computer right now, but if I send a patch
against CVS with extra debug info, would you mind trying it?
--
  Andrew Mahone
  andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc