[mythtv] Inconsistencies in naming: mythweb and duplicates

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Feb 14 16:30:29 EST 2004

> The field in the database and throughout the code is subtitle
> and it holds the subtitle for the show (if any). It is not
> the "Episode" of the show although the subtitle can help in
> determining which episode it is.

Yes, it is called "subtitle" in the database.  But I've never seen
anyting in tv ever referred to as a subtitle, other than the translation
type subtitles.  All of the data for US shows I've seen are show name,
episode name and description.  Don't confuse the episode name with the
episode number (which unfortunately we can't yet get information about
from xmltv)

Anyway, I'm happy to change mythweb, but I originally wrote it as
"episode" because that's what I figured most users would understand it
as.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer