[mythtv] Re:Proposed scheduler patch

Graham W. Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Fri Feb 13 08:34:54 EST 2004

> your TiVo needs to know _for sure_ by the data that
> it gets that the next showing is exactly the same show.

It does...:) Trust me...:) You can set up the season pass, then go in,
and schedule the 2nd (or 3rd or whatever) showing of the recording, and
it will remove the first one from the ToDo list, as it recognizes it as
failing the 28 day rule.... So it DOES have ALL the info, it just
chooses not to use it for some strange reason..

> I can imagine that this data isn't always available

If you're scheduling at the limit of the 2 weeks, there's a case for
that (maybe).It should do the scheduling the best it can with the data
that it has... Next data download, it should go thru the scheduling
again and make any updates based on the new data that it has.

This would all be good for MythTV too.... It would be really nice to be
able to run the scheduler process automatically after a filldatabase

Graham