[mythtv] problem with delete button "Yes, but record..." missing

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Feb 11 22:18:53 EST 2004

Dave Alden wrote:
> With that said, I don't see why that would cause the "Yes, but record this
> episode again next time" button to not show up???

Right, back on topic to your question...

This button removes the entry from the the 'oldrecorded' table
so that future showings won't be excluded as duplicates. If
there is no subtitle and no description, there no point in
including the button because it couldn't be matched anyway.
Until last week, duplicates had to have both sub and desc so
there was no reason to have the button if either was blank.
Now that there are different ways to match, this probably
needed to be changed. It was changed from:

	(program->subtitle != "" && program->description != ""))

	(program->IsSameProgram(*program)))

But it's not clear to me what this is supposed to compare.
I do see the button for some recordings with sub and desc but
not for others.

I think the old version could be changed from "&&" to "||" so
that the button would appear if there is either a sub or desc
since any of the duplicate methods could be used in the future.

--  bjm