[mythtv] Re: MythTV/pcHDTV question

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Wed Feb 11 18:59:48 EST 2004

I'm CC'ing the list since I don't actually know the current answer.
In my patch I explicitly set the pchdtv into ATSC mode which would
prevent you from using it for NTSC, but I didn't see anyplace where
it was put into NTSC mode so that wouldn't work very well either.

As far as I know Myth does not understand that one card could block
another, so a simple patch to just put the card into NTSC/ATSC
depending on the current use wouldn't work very well. BTW you can't use
both modes at the same time, there-in lies the problem. If Myth decided
to use both at the same time it would probably kill one or both
recordings.

I have a PVR-250 for NTSC so this isn't a top priority for me, is anyone
else thinking about fixing this?

-- Daniel
  << When truth is outlawed; only outlaws will tell the truth. >> - RLiegh