[mythtv] who has hdtv?

Brandon Beattie bbeattie-maillist at linkexplorer.com
Tue Feb 10 03:27:47 EST 2004

I'm using the latest CVS as of sunday,  Everything works fine for me
except transcoding fox, and my local WB station hasn't worked
since about .12.  I haven't had the chance to try your patch due to
issues of trying not to be single. :)  I do get a crash 2-3 times a day
but I have mythbackend restart when that happens.  I believe this is
related to transcoding though.  I usually don't do live tv because I
only have time to watch some recorded shows.  I actually just checked
*now* my shows recorded for today, but it looks like none recorded.
Which is odd, ;)  But it's 2:00am so I'll check into it tomorrow.  Oh,
and I had to take my system apart to test a third pchdtv.  Some good
testing news is I now have 3 pchdtv cards in this system and it was
working like a champ all saturday, before my latest cvs update.  I
strongly recommend raid0 once you move to a third card.  Recording 3
shows and watching 1 was using ~35MB/s disk access, which is more than a
single disk can handle well.

But yeah, we're out here, just slow. ;)

*plug* I'm also doing a presentation on Myth/HTPC's at PLUG (plug.org)
for those around the Provo Utah area this wednesday.  Hopefully we'll
get a few Myth Geeks there to ramble on for a while. ;-)

--Brandon