[mythtv] Proposed scheduler patch

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Feb 10 03:20:25 EST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, David Engel wrote:

> FWIW, the conflictresolution* tables are going to go away.  The new

IMHO this would be a great loss - I find the ability to say "Show X always
overrides show Y" explicitly rather than having to juggle priorities.
There are situations that priorities can't easilly handle.  Say for
example I have some shows with priorities:

1 - A
2 - B
3 - C

Then I want to record show D...  I want it to override B but not A.  With
a purely priority based system that's just not possible.  Also, if I
schedule a show and it conflicts with something I haven't already told it
about I want it to be hilighted so I can make a decision instead of the
scheduler making assumptions.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/