[mythtv] who has hdtv?

John P. Poet john at BlueSkyTours.com
Mon Feb 9 20:14:42 EST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

> Does anyone other than Doug on this list have an HDTV tuner?
>
> Just curious. I haven't gotten any feedback on my patches. I just found
> a one liner bug in the hdtv-recording patch that would have prevented
> almost anyone but me from using it, but no one pointed it out.
> (I'll be posting a fix to that bug later tonight.)
>
> -- Daniel
>   << When truth is outlawed; only outlaws will tell the truth. >> - RLiegh

Something about the desired frequency not being set correctly?  I commented
out that test, and then it worked okay for me.  I have not had a chance to
use it much, though.

Keep on working on it!  I for one, appreciate the effort.

In trying to track down the problem with my PBS stations, I discovered how
easy it is for the backend to starve the frontend.  Just adding a few
debugging outputs in the backend, and the frontend starts stuttering badly.
Made me realize that the backend needs to be as efficient as possible.

I will probably try your XvMC interlace patch Wednesday night.  Been a long
time since I compiled Myth with XvMC enabled.

John