[mythtv] Proposed scheduler patch

Joel Feenstra joelf at altelco.net
Mon Feb 9 14:25:41 EST 2004

I agree. I think the conflict resolution should go something like this:

Step 1: Use schedule overides (ie: don't record this episode, do record
this episode, etc)
Step 2: Try to schedule remaining shows with as few conflicts as
possible, if conflicts: continue on
Step 3 (Only if priorities are enabled): Use priorities to resolve
conflicts, if still conflicting go to Step 4
Step 4: Use conflictresolution table to resolve conflicts
Step 5: Pick a show based on length, specificity, etc. If still no
difference continue
Step 6: Pick a random show, but highlight the two shows and increment
the "conflicts" count in the "fix scheduling conflicts" page.

No matter how the show has been picked, it should always have the option
for disabling, and enabling the recording. Currently it was set to not
record due to a priorities setting, it cannot be set to record unless
you disable the one that is blocking it.

Joel Feenstra