[mythtv] [patch] DVB Setup

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sun Feb 8 16:32:16 EST 2004

On Sunday 08 February 2004 21:16, Drew Whittle wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 06:07, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > On Saturday 07 February 2004 23:31, Drew Whittle wrote:
> > > Could someone send my a dump of their dvb tables please?
> > > (from a working DVB-S setup preferably)
> >
> > Something wrong with the setup program?
>
> It doesn't work for me (tm) but I may be doing something wrong.
>
> I had to manually enter the satellite details into the DB, couldn't use
> the setup program to do that. (and as a result I may have used the wrong
> values in places)
>
> Even with the satellites entered I am unable to select them in the
> tune_load page.
>
> I'm not sure if it is me or the app, thats why I wanted a copy of
> someones working db entries so I could try and figure out what was going
> on. (and supply a patch if need be)
>
> :D

Here's a patch that makes sure the current card gets saved (or kindly ask for
permission to save it), before entering the configuration.

The reason for it not working was that the satellite editor got the wrong
cardid, so that the satellites (dvb_sat table) got saved with cardid=0. If
you would like to fix this manually, check the cardid in the capturecard
table against that of the dvb_sat table. If you edit the card now, it should
work, but you'll have a set of satellites configured, which will just be
along for the ride for no reason :)

--

Kenneth (ke-aa \0 frisurf.no)