[mythtv] [patch] DVB auto-pid, take 2

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sun Feb 8 12:06:32 EST 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 21:50, Base Commander wrote:
> Sorry - I didn't realize the mailer would munge the patch like that.  I'm
> resending as an attached gzip-compressed file.  I've also included a patch
> to DVBRecorder.cpp that won't crash when no PIDs are specified for a
> channel.

Although I like the idea of this patch very much, I can see some problems:
On some channels there is the notion of transmitting multiple audio languages,
now this is quite okay when we select the pid we want manually. But with this
patch all audio (and video, have not seen it yet) pids get recorded. For one,
I belive this is going to crash the player (it did last time I tested, couple
of months back), and also the excess space it would eat up (some channels
here in scandinavia has four languages). So what would solve this problem is
a priority list for languages, and sort the available list and pick the top
pid. Until this is solved, I belive this patch should not be committed to
cvs.

The patch itself look quite okay though.
Maybe it could get rid of the dvb_pids table, so there is one less problem to
worry about (user must still set network/transport/service ids though) ;)

--

Kenneth (ke-aa \0 frisurf.no)