[mythtv] Proposed scheduler patch

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Feb 7 15:09:28 EST 2004

David Engel wrote:
> The attached patch implements the next part of my scheduler overhaul.
> It seems to be working fine for me, but since it risks breaking
> things, I'd like to get some feedback before committing it to CVS.

Will do. Thanks.

> Please note that this patch does not change any fundamental scheduling
> algorithms.  Those changes are still to come.  What this patch does do
> is merge the dontRecordList into the recordingList for easier list
> management and pave the way for the next changes.  An intended side
> effect is that the scheduler now takes currently recording programs
> into account when rescheduling.

Great. One thing that may have come up once or twice is the
scheduler's awareness of current recordings at restart. Up
to now, if the MBE restarted it tries to restart all current
scheduled recordings. If a slave was up while the MBE restarted,
an attempt is made to restart but the slave gives an inert message
that it was told to record but it was already busy. The problem
is if the slave restarts and checks in with the master, there
is no attempt to restart the recording(s) assigned to that slave.
It would be great if there was more awareness of what does and
doesn't need to be done when a master and slave reconnect.

--  bjm