[mythtv] Total time for videos in "Internal" player

Steele Price steele at xtcp.net
Fri Feb 6 17:25:24 EST 2004

The "logical" response would be... it detects the bitrate embedded in
the recording then divides that into the filelength, but I am only
guessing in myth's case. That is how I do all of my length calculations,
but it's up to the detection capabilities of the codec, some variable
bitrates are a really pain to get an average on.  It is highly possible
that you have different versions of the codecs on the 2 different
machines, or your filesystem is reporting the filesize incorrectly.

I'm sure a quick grep of the code would tell you exactly how it's being
done.

Steele Price
CTO
Digital Dreamshop, LLC.