[mythtv] [patch] Channel visible indicator

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Fri Feb 6 05:25:21 EST 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
>> This patch adds a field to the channel record in the DB for "visible"
>> and
>> modifies the channel selection in the EPG to only show visible channels.
>> This is the beginnings to support an easy way to configure which
>> channels
>> show up in the EPG without having to modify the XMLTV files or mess with
>> deleting rows from the DB.  By hiding the channel, the data is still
>> filled
>> so if later a change is made where you wish to start using that channel
>> again, it is an instantaneous toggle.  This is very similar to how the
>> ReplayTV handles unwanted channels and it seems to work very well for
>> me on
>> that platform.
>

> Sorry but this feature has been there forever =).

They're two different concepts.  As a DirecTV user I'd have to put every
channel I receive and always use favorites mode, just so I could bring
my number of channels down to a manageable level.  Which of course means
I'd now longer to be able to use favorites as it was intended not to
mention the fact that I'd have to SEE all those channels in my EPG.

If this gets in I'll write up a script to run in my nightly cron that
marks my xmltv configs not to pull non-visible channels.