[mythtv] DirectFB/QTE on /dev/fb1 with ivtv / PVR-350

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 6 04:42:23 EST 2004

QTE needs building with the ability to do dynamic casts otherwise it crashes all the time with myth. This is disabled in the qte builds (-no_rtti from memory) and there were no
configure options to enable it so i had to go in and edit the files used to generate the makefiles. Sorry i'm at work at the moment and i can't remember which files it was but after doing that it works without any problem.

I can send more explicit information tonight if you want it.
John

Martin Rehfeld <klickmich at gmx.de> wrote:
... Just to follow up on my own post, in case SB is interested.

The relevant settings for choosing the output framebuffer are not in
directfb but in QT-Embedded. One can either set the environment variable
"QWS_DISPLAY=:/dev/fb1" or use the command line switch "-display
:/dev/fb1".

What is directfb acutally used for - I though it was the low level
output driver below QT/E - am I missing something?

Martin

P.S.: As mythfrontend segfaults all the time with QTE I went back to
QT/X for now. Does anybody use QTE with more success?