[mythtv] pre/post-roll and mythweb

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 5 22:42:50 EST 2004

As I understand it, the way it seems to work is that the global pre-
and/or post- roll are ignored if the per show pre- and/or post- roll are
set to a non-zero value.

Other than that, the other important difference to me is that while
global pre- and post- roll are ignored for back-to-back programs on the
same channel, per-show pre- and post- roll are treated as part of the
show itself and will actually force a conflict if they overlap with
another show time.

For that reason, I started using them to force the scheduler to use both
tuners in cases where two short movies follow each other on the same
channel (TCM) and part of one movie might well be cut off by the program
change.

I wish I'd known how to do that back on New Year's Day when I lost 32
out of 33 episodes of the Three Stooges marathon because every program
was cut off 30 seconds before the end!

:(

If I have said anything wrong, I apologize and I hope someone will
correct me.

Bill