[mythtv] New music playing module for mythtv

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Feb 4 12:51:50 EST 2004

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 07:57, Henrik (Mauritz) Johnson wrote:

> >That's great, but you're going to overlap with mfd.  mythmusic will
> > start using the mfd for playback/ripping Real Soon Now, once Thor's
> > finally happy with how it works on its own.
>
> What is mfd? I found it in the CVS, and there is a short description
> in the readme but I don't really understand what its purpose is.

	In general, the mfd is a headless daemon that will do things
independently of whichever MythDialog screen the user happens to be
looking at (e.g. build and serve metadata lists, rip cd's, play audio,
etc.).

	For audio, one thing you might want to consider is building an mfd
plugin that can talk to your JukeBox stuff and construct
metadata/playlists collections that the core mfd can consume and then
serve out. That way you don't have to worry about GUI elements or those
kinds of issue. As long as you can produce a list of items (tracks to
play, including a URL of where to get the actual content from) and
playlists/containers (lists of id's that refer to the items), then that
would mesh with how the mfd is doing things now.

	You might want to have a look at the daapserver and daapclient plugins
currently in the mfd cvs. Helps to build the thing, run it on a
mythbox, and have iTunes up and going somewhere on the same lan.

- thor