[mythtv] no signal stream

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Wed Feb 4 07:28:09 EST 2004

On 01/22/04 04:41:36, Denis Grilli wrote:

> Hi, in the last days i have tried vdr software...I see an interesting
> feature:> When there isn't  signal they send a black stream (in
> mpeg_pes in they case) with "NO SIGNAL" text. I thik this can solve
> any freeze problem for mythtv dvb-s users...  Which thing of
> thoughts?  There is anyone can do it??

Following up on an old post...

John Poet over at the pcHDTV forum was working on this,
http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11 (near the end) but has
put it on the back burner.  If anybody's interested in picking it up, I
imagine he'd share his code.  He's got an error stream generated, and a
very simple connection to hdtvrecorder, but the big problem is the
frontend following the format change between the MPEG2-TS HDTV stream
and the MPEG2-ES error stream.

-Doug