[mythtv-users] [mythtv] 3rd time asking - please help: Automatic conflict resolution

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Tue Feb 3 21:13:58 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 12:33:33PM +0000, steve at nexusuk.org wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Joel Feenstra wrote:
> > As far as the highlighted conflicts, they don't seem to be available
> > anymore. The scheduler seems to always pick a show, rather than not
> > record anything. I don't know what it bases this pick on. That is
>
> The way it used to work was that it would highlight conflicting
> recordings, but if you didn't resolve the conflict it would still record
> one (not sure what selection method it used - it was probably completely
> arbitrary).

The reason you are seeing different behavior is because Myth now
reports the scheduling information directly from the scheduler instead
of trying to guess what the scheduler would do.  As Joel pointed out,
the scheduler must ultimately make a decision so you don't see any
more "conflicts".

David
--
David Engel