[mythtv] Compile problem with DVB in latest code

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Feb 3 05:45:16 EST 2004

>>I have just updated to latest cvs and spotted the change to
>>the include paths.  However, make gives me the following error.
>>If I comment out the DVB stuff in settings.pro then it all
>>compiles correctly.  I'm having difficulty following through
>>to see why though?
>>
>>Can anyone please help translate this...?
>>
>>-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/src/linux-2.6.1-rc1-mm2/include
>>

>Your trying to compile against the linux-2.6 sources, this
>is known not to work. Download the linuxtv-1.0.1 package
>and compile against that, and your set.

Actually, have just tried this and it doesn't appear to be a 2.6 problem
at all. ie if I copy just the relevant headers out of my 2.6 tree into a
sub dir somewhere, then change the include line to match it all compiles
fine.  I guess that something else in the /usr/src/linux/include tree is
being picked up accidently and causing problems

Not sure what to suggest though.  I guess you changed this so that it is
possible to install the headers into /usr/include whilst keeping the
normal tree?  I might just do this myself (like the gentoo package
does), and live with that

Thanks

Ed W