[mythtv] MythWeb date display issue

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Feb 2 21:02:11 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 07:44:51PM -0500, Jason Ramey wrote:

> After updating to the 0.14 debs, mythweb started displaying strings like the
> following:
>
> 7e2eMon, 2 Feb 2004 19:45:00 -050045c_294502e
> 7e2eMon, 2 Feb 2004 19:30:10 -050030c_02pm29e,
> 7e2eMon, 2 Feb 2004 19:30:10 -050030c_293002e
>
> whenever it's asked to display the time/date information on recordings or
> listings. This doesn't affect any other feature of mythweb. mythfrontend
> still displays dates normally as does the backend status page. A look at the
> database shows the correct information for starttime & endtime. I'd guess
> this is something related to php or mysql not intepreting correctly, but
> don't know the first place to look. This was working prior to installing
> 0.14. I have tried re-installing the packages for apache, php4, php4-mysql,
> & mythtv-database. Not sure where to go from here. If you need more examples
> or a screenshot, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I noticed that as well, but didn't look into what was causing it at the
time.  It looks like the usual mythweb upgrade stuff; if you use the old
configuration file with the new mythweb, it breaks in strange ways.  In this
case, it needs "generic_time" to be defined.  Adding this to
mythweb-settings.php will fix it:

        define('generic_time', 'h:i A')

Can someone more familiar with php and mythweb say whether it is possible to
have built-in defaults for these variables so that this doesn't happen?
It would be nice to be able to preserve the user's configuration across
upgrades.

--
 - mdz