[mythtv] Myth Video Conference Plugin

Kevin Elliott kevin at phunc.com
Mon Feb 2 13:21:30 EST 2004

I've been using Asterisk to power my home telecommunications for
several years now. Some of the capabilities I have are regular phones
used to access my telecom via a single computer using X100P cards and
Quicknet cards. I'm able to access my landline, and my voip providers
using lowest cost decisioning.

I also have soft sip phones using xten's on my pc's.

I agree, IAX2 should be the protocol used. It's much more flexible
over firewalls and NATs indeed. Also, with support for IAX2 it can
just plug into Asterisk, and then we can do things like routing to
the myth tv box, or just ringing all extensions at once, and then
the mythtv box can display the calls with an option to ANSWER the
line :)

Kevin Elliott
kevin at phunc.com