[mythtv] dvb recording wierdness

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun Feb 1 13:52:07 EST 2004

> > There seems to be a bug in the channel setup editor, it
> > doesnt save the dvb settings, for example the modulation,
> > so when i add a new channel i have to edit it afterwards
> > and fix all the settings again.
>
> Does this only happen when you 'dont touch' the parameter
> in question (which i suspect is the case)?

No.
Here is what I did:
I created a new channel, entered all nessesary info including seting the
modulation to QAM 64, afte entering all the data I pressed finish.
Then I edit the new channel and now the modulation is Auto again, I fix it
to QAM64 again, press finish.
Open the same channel a third time, now both Modulation and Constellation
displays QAM 64

> > 2004-02-01 04:45:02 DVB#0 Trying to tune to channel .
>
> What I wonder about is why this channel does not have a
> channel number?

Probably because the channel editor automaticaly copied all the chanels from
the analog card to the dvb card and I havent entered anything for those
channels because they don't exist on the dvb card.