[mythtv] AIR2PC Compiling Instructions

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 29 22:53:09 UTC 2004

> You just wrote the HOWTO I was working on :) I had not tried the latest
> CVS dvb-kernel code and was running the one from mid December but 2.6.10
> has been working like a charm and my PVR-250 is happy with
> ivtv-0.2.0-rc3b and that kernel.

Sorry I wasn't trying to crush your HOWTO.. Far too little detail for a real
HOWTO IMO..

> Anyways, I'm really happy with the Air2PC card. There are 2 outstanding
> problems right now: the TV guide and bad sound from 780p programming.
> Guess these problems are not due to the card.

The guide I am working on now, and the audio problem I suspect is the frontend
mis-handling DD 5.1 audio.. It glitches really badly for some reason but the
same nuv can playback properly with xine and mplayer.. I just haven't had time
to look into it yet..

Taylor