[mythtv] Reset decoder on channel change?

Mark Goodman mgoodman at CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Dec 29 10:22:27 UTC 2004

How can I reset the decoder on channel change? I've tried edits to both
tv_play.cpp and NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp with no success.

I ask because I have some changes that make a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250
and 1394 capture appear as a single tuner. For some channels, the tuner
uses 1394. When 1394 isn't available, the WinTV PVR 250 gets used. I'd
like to reset the decoder as the 1394 capture gives MPEG TS and the PVR
250 gives MPEG PS. MPEG TS is broken on the PVR 250 with the ivtv driver.

This only affects live TV. Scheduled recordings work fine.

Mark