[mythtv] hdtvrecorder: dynamic ringbuffers?

Thu Dec 23 19:40:30 UTC 2004

Been trying to send this for the last day.  Comcast decided that my computer
was infected and blocked port 25 access for outgoing email.

Anyway, here is a version of the hdtvrecorder patch which uses dynamic
ringbuffers.

This should apply cleanly to the current CVS with Daniel's V38 patch
applied.

Feel free to hack on this code.  It will be a few days before I will be able
to work on it again.

Personally I have gone back to using the MythTV CVS from 29Nov.  In limited
testing that version does not seem to suffer from the video corruption which
the current CVS seems to have.

With the current CVS, the HD shows I record often end up corrupt before they
are over.  Sometimes the corruption happens within a few minutes of the show
starting, sometimes the show is almost over.  Sometimes it does not get
corrupt at all.

John