[mythtv] MythDVD request

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Dec 20 14:55:29 UTC 2004

Pete wrote:

> Would it be all that difficult to add a config option for a different
> video storage location for MythDVD? It would be nice to have a
> seperate tunable path so that I could have one drive for my TV show's,
> and then get another so I can rip my copies of the Simpsons, Seinfeld,
> Family Guy, etc.. and not use up all my TV space. Drives are cheap,
> and being able to rip a whole chunk of my DVD collection for quick
> playback (episodic DVD's are perfect for this type of setup) would be
> a great feature if you ask me. Obviously ripping all those DVD's would
> cost me almost all of even the very largest drives and leave me with
> no recording space with the combined path. So, being able to tell
> MythDVD to use a different path would be great.

I believe MythDVD stores the files in the MythVideo folder after it is
done.  If you put this folder on a separate drive from your TV
recordings, you have accomplished your goal.  And since MythVideo search
subfolders for content if you have existing video content you don't want
on that drive, mount a different drive as a subfolder and you can store
other content there apart from your DVD rips.

Kevin