[mythtv] MythDVD request

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 20 14:42:26 UTC 2004

On Sunday 19 December 2004 23:16, Pete wrote:
> Would it be all that difficult to add a config option for a different
> video storage location for MythDVD? It would be nice to have a
> seperate tunable path so that I could have one drive for my TV
> show's, and then get another so I can rip my copies of the Simpsons,
> Seinfeld, Family Guy, etc.. and not use up all my TV space. Drives
> are cheap, and being able to rip a whole chunk of my DVD collection
> for quick playback (episodic DVD's are perfect for this type of
> setup) would be a great feature if you ask me. Obviously ripping all
> those DVD's would cost me almost all of even the very largest drives
> and leave me with no recording space with the combined path. So,
> being able to tell MythDVD to use a different path would be great.

Hmmm... I believe there is a config option to specifiy the temp
directory where MythDVD will write its intermediate rip files.  When
the process is finished (transcoding, unless you're doing a perfect
rip), the resultant video gets copied to the MythVideo directory, and
the intermediate files get deleted, IIRC.

-JAC

PS- Please direct issues like this to the -users list in the future.  A
feature request only belongs on the -dev list if it comes with an offer
to code the feature.