[mythtv] Software AC3 decoding when watching TV

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 17 16:31:23 UTC 2004

> That was what I was talking about. Setting all audio to 0xc0 will
> break AC3. You have to distinguish between private stream audio data
> like AC3, DTS and PCM and MPEG audio data.

Last night I patched up my transform.c and dvbrecorder to do AC3.  I forced the
streamid to 0xDB if it was AC3 audio, otherwise it went to 0xC0.. I also added
a PRIVATE_STREAM1: check, and I was getting AC3 sound for all my ATSC
stations.. Although I am not sure the headers are getting processed correctly
yet, but for 10 mintues worth of work I can't complain.. This will be int he
next DVB patch..

Taylor