[mythtv] Software AC3 decoding when watching TV

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Fri Dec 17 16:00:58 UTC 2004

    Juha> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:31:50 +0100, Marcus Metzler
    Juha> <mocm at mocm.de> wrote:
    >> Why is CorrectStreamNumber needed? If you really want to set
    >> all video

    Juha> I dunno, it's propably there to make sure corresponding
    Juha> video and audio pids match the stream's index or
    Juha> something. But currently it does not really do anything
    Juha> worthwhile because we can only record one video and audio
    Juha> stream. I think.

    >> I will see that I rewrite the necessary transform.c routines
    >> into an ipack c++ class, better adapted to mythtvs needs.

    Juha> I already have one, see PESParser at
    Juha> http://columbia.ton.tut.fi/~riffraff/dvb/ . It's a dummy
    Juha> ts->pes demuxer, does not much care about the content, just
    Juha> assembles packets.  Has rudimental stream content dumping

How do you assemble video packets of lengths > 65535 bytes?
What do you do about the AC3 payload headers?

    Juha> ability in dumpStreamInfo().

    Juha> If we switch over to recording TS we could maybe use that to
    Juha> do the needed about of demuxing, use ffmpeg or use your new
    Juha> class.

ffmpeg may be overkill. You don't really have to do much to get a PES
stream usable by most decoders. Unless you need a correctly muxed
program stream that you want to use for DVD burning. In that case you
would have to do a lot more than what transform.c does.

    Juha> - Juha
I'll have a look at your parser and see if it will do all the things
that are needed. Can I send you a patch if I find something to
improve?

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|