[mythtv] assert

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Thu Dec 16 15:58:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, John Patrick Poet wrote:
]I have another request:  Please take all the asserts out of the code.

I generally agree so I'll go on an assert hunt in the backend, I only
added them when I thought there was no provision for a errored return.
This assert was in the original code in another form.

We should probably record video without audio anyway, right?

]P.S.  I am working a new version of the ringbuffer code.  Not sure if I can get
]it to handle a simultaneous compile job, but I am trying.

It's an improvement as is. If you don't think there will be major
changes maybe it should be committed as is?

-- Daniel