[mythtv] NEW ATSC/HDTV card for MythTV

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 14 17:57:51 UTC 2004

> Is this the card?  ATSC/8VSB HDTV PCI Card

Yes

> The card says linux support, is this the driver you wrote?   What do
> you think about the card.  Is it stable?

The driver that I wrote was only for the frontend (tuner/demodulator).  There is
almost nothing that could make a driver of this simplicity be unstable.. It's
either going to work or not work..  The card is the same as the SkyStar2 lines
of satellites cards with a differnet tuner/demodulator..  You can do your own
independent research if you would like, but the Skystar2 is a very highly rated
product for DVB-S reception.. Like I said that card uses hardware filtering of
pids (as opposed to the raw TS sent from the PCHDTV), so the ammount of
processing required by the computer is significantly lower..

Taylor