[mythtv] CVS and backend problem

octothorp at gmail.com octothorp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 02:26:15 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:42:09 -0500, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> Run it in GDB, hit ctl-c to break, and can then get a backtrace as normal.

When debugging mythfrontend I have to tell gdb to handle SIGPIPE and
also SIG33 (realtime signal? not listed in kill -l...). Does debugging
mythbackend need the same? Is this a stupid question?

Also, if anyone wants to examine my perl script for detecting this
condition (it's mostly automagic) please let me know. In a nutshell,
swatch watches the backend for recording announcements, and when it
sees one it launches my script which checks for this condition we're
talking about, nuvs not mentioned in the DB, transcoders running
against deleted nuvs, nuv.tmp files which have no associated .nuv, and
DB entries without nuvs and uses logger to complain.

It's not a good script stylistically, but it's nice functionally for
what I need. YMMV.