[mythtv] Re: [patch] enable vbi recording

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 13 14:15:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Joaquín Lago Pérez wrote:
]If your patch does record the teletext data (all pages??), the first step is
]already done. Now, in order to show teletext in screen, which options are
]possible?
Try the ivtv-vbi-v2.patch in my later e-mail, it should record cc in
NTSC countries and teletext in PAL countries.

In the ivtv driver archive have a look at README.vbi
There is an example decoder there, which is important because the format
is slightly different than just reading from /dev/vbi

Then look at the files in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/vbitext/

This contains mythtv's decoder for captions coming from /dev/vbi
I haven't had a serious look at it yet, but I assume it works for
European teletext. If you can adopt that for the captions in the PVR-250
mpeg stream then that should be it.

-- Daniel