[mythtv] MythTV: Isaac Tivo: > 100 tech guys

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Dec 8 19:26:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 01:24:32PM -0500, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> > Are you volunteering to write developer documentation? I'm sure none of
> > us would complain about that. As for dependency requirements, Issac has
> > rejected many improvements because they would add a dependency. Are you
> > suggesting he should have rejected more improvements? The plugin design
> > isn't very complicated, but it would probably be easier to use if there
> > were more developer documentation. Again I don't think anyone would
> > complain if you started a project to address this deficiency. I might
> > even incorporate my documentation of the HDTV code into such a project.
>
> Not trying to add a "me too", but when I get the DVB design stabilized I am
> planning on doing some sort of documentation.. This may consist just of
> something that can be run through doxygen, but I feel that something is needed
> since it took me a LONG time to intimatly figure out what was going on in
> regards to the dvb code..

Anyone who's planning to work on technical documentation for MythTV
and has no particular place to put it is welcome to put it on David
Greaves MythTV.info wiki (which I help maintain) in the appropriate
place under:

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MythTvDevelopmentHowTo

(which really, on reflection, needs to be rearranged a bit).

This seems like as good a time as any, too, to flog the User Manual
project I've started there:

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UserManual

Contributions to this happily accepted as well.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me