[mythtv] clone_vm

Andrew Mahone andrew.mahone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 04:44:01 UTC 2004

As others have mentioned, MythTV uses threads, and openmosix can't
migrate threaded applications.  A quick google turns up openssi, which
is substantially different from openmosix (it's still clustering a set
of computers, but it presents them to applications as a single
multiprocessor computer), and is capable of migrating threaded
applications.

I'm still not sure this is a hot idea, though - if capture is being
done on one system (the one with the card), and compression on another
(because mythbackend got migrated off of the system with the card),
isn't openssi going to be passing the uncompressed frames over your
network?

--
Andrew Mahone
andrew DOT mahone AT gmail DOT com