[mythtv] MythTV: Isaac Tivo: > 100 tech guys

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Wed Dec 8 02:53:02 UTC 2004

Kevin Elliott wrote:

<SNIP>
> over the last 6+ months. If you review the CVS commit logs, you'll
> notice that much of the commits to the code base are really just
> translation
<SNIP>

I'd very definitely disagree here.

Job queue - Much, much better. More flexible, more sensible. Not
finished yet, but in CVS already for wider testing.
Audio update - Again. Much improved over the previous version.
Translation changes - Can't say much about this. Looks like it may be
cleaner.
MythPhone - Completely new functionality, plugged in with (as far as I
can see) very little hassle.
Metadata patch, etc...

The list goes on. I have Tivo. I am in the UK, where they are *not
interested* in their customers. I'm now switching across to a dual Sky
(Digital satellite) Myth box, after having played with Myth for a while
as a 'test' platform.

I'm happy with Myth as it exists now. Anything else is a bonus.

Cheers,

Allan.