[mythtv] Nintendo64 and/or Genesis

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:23:42 UTC 2004

> > True, maybe just give a hint on what they could specify.  The only
> > thing that is a tricky is determining rom information automatically
> > like mame does.  Maybe we can have helper scripts for that.  Though
> > rewriteing all the detection code doesn't seem like fun to me.

I appreciate the extra touches of being able to use catlist.ini for
MAME and nes.crc to get category information. I like the screenshots.
I wouldn't want to lost those things.

Perhaps a 2-part solution would work:

1) Full featured emulator support (like MAME, SNES)
2) ability to *add* emulators by name, and specify a default
commandline string as well as a rom directory. At the most basic
level, "rom figuring out" is just the contents of that directory

This would allow easy addition of new emulators, or the ability to use
more than one emulator for the same platform (like snes9x *and* zsnes)

-Ross