[mythtv] HD3000 buffer overrun solution - patches for hdtvrecorder.cpp/.h against mythtv 0.16

Eric Anderson rico99 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 6 17:56:20 UTC 2004

Hi Daniel -

Sure. If someone can send me a pointer to John's patch (I just joined
the mailing
list today, should I search the archive web site for 'buffer overrun'
or ??-- I
  wasn't able to find stuff in the past), I'd be happy to review it.

I actually bought two HD3000 cards last month, but based on the initial
performance I was initially seeing, I didn't think I'd be able to run
two at
once. I can certainly give that a try, though.

I'll also do some investigation as to what buffer sizes work.

Note that I haven't seen any time-dependent overruns so far with this
patch. I'll watch out for that, though.

Regards.

-Eric