[mythtv] extreme memory usage when using mythweb to view recorded programs

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Mon Dec 6 13:38:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 12:27:24AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I just updated my Myth install to the latest from CVS;
> previously I was a couple of months out of date. That
> includes mythweb.
>
> Now when I view the recorded programs list from mythweb,
> mythbackend seems to start allocating as much memory as it
> can and things grind to halt when it hits the swap. I get
> one or two programs at a time added to the result page.
>
> It does eventually complete, and now the backend is using
> 255Mb. Reloading the page goes through the same exercise.
> I have 512Mb in the box and it's only running myth.

After a second refresh:

hamish at tv:~$ ps aux | grep backend
mythtv     944  0.0 23.8 316844 123172 ?       Dsl  00:09   0:00 /usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid

It appears to be a problem with the preview images. When the page
finishes loading, I have one blank image and two that are replaced by
the text:

 	User Notice at
	/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line 133:
	Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION
	14':

Hamish