[mythtv] Xinerama and screen width

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Sat Dec 4 13:12:19 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a small problem with mythtv on my NVidia Xinerama setup. The
screen width seems to be recognized by
QApplication::desktop()->width()as 2560, but GetMythTVGeometr
recognies 2 Xinerama displays with 1280x1024 and places the screen at
1280x1024+1280+0, which would be ok and strangely works when I use
mythtv from a remote host. But in void
MythContext::InitializeScreenSettings() the screen width is overridden
when I use the local display and the width is set to 2560, but still
with the offset as 1280. So I can only see half the screen.
I added the line
if (w && w < width) width = w;
to MythContext::InitializeScreenSettings(). This works fine for me and
places mythtv on the seconf screen completely filling it,
but I am not sure if that would be correct for all setups.

Any suggestions?

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|