[mythtv] Daily reboot while not recording?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Dec 4 09:11:43 UTC 2004

On Dec 4, 2004, at 12:34 AM, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>> On Friday 03 December 2004 15:34, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
>>
>> I have never had my backend system completely lock up. The backend
>> daemon will go out to lunch once in a blue moon, but killing and
>> restarting it always works.
>>

> Here you are pointing to why i am till running 0.15.1 and not 0.16. I
> am using multiple back-ends, and found that 0.15.1 is more stable in
> such a config then 0.16. In 0.16 the number of cases where the master
> backend went out to lunch (still showing in ps ) increased rather
> dramatically.

The only time the backend ever went out to lunch on me under 0.16 was
when I was screwing with my pcHDTV card. Otherwise, not a single
problem. I'm running nothing but cvs right now, still just as stable.
Oh, and I have multiple backends as well. *shrug*

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...