[mythtv] Daily reboot while not recording?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Dec 4 01:44:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 03:56:29PM -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> With respect to 2.6 kernels, what you're saying there actually applies MUCH
> more to SUSE than Red Hat (last I looked, Mantel's kernel of the day for SUSE
> had over 1000 patches in it). RH doesn't deviate that much with their 2.6
> kernels, as things are accepted to the mainline kernel much faster nowadays
> (w/2.4, RH was back-porting stuff from 2.5/2.6).

And indeed, I'm using SuSE, and kernel update interactions with the
driver didn't even occur to me.  We were actually stable for quite
some time, and only started having trouble a week or 2 back.  I'll
check my YOU log.

Luckily, all my install scripts log versions and dates.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi