[mythtv] Patch: Mythmusic audio layer integrated with libmyth

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Dec 3 11:36:44 UTC 2004

The patch below strips out the mythmusic audio layer and makes it use
the main libmyth audio layer (with all it's resampling and time-stretchy
niceness).  This means that you can potentially use mythmusic in alsa,
arts, oss, coreaudio and with some work, windows.

http://www.wildgooses.com/downloads/mythmusic_audio.tar.gz

I have had to move the visualisation stubs into libmyth, but this is
also nice because I'm rather hoping that someone working on the tv code
might consider making it play audio only stuff with visualisations now..

The mythmusic patch is still full of debugging junk, so please just test
that for now.  Coverage of the other decoders would be useful in
particular because I have only tested the flac decoder so far.  Please
also observe the visualisations closely and see if they are still the
same as before - I might be feeding the data in different sized chunks
from before?

The changes to the main libmyth should be ready for cvs as long no one
reports any show stopping problems.  Please commit those pieces once a
suitable quiet period has elapsed...  Final patch for mythmusic will
emerge after I get feedback about any problems

Thanks

Ed W