[mythtv] [patch] Fix for sluggish pause

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Dec 2 11:38:33 UTC 2004

David Engel wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 09:50:56AM -0600, David Engel wrote:
>

>>I'm going to look at the speed change needs again and see if I can do
>>something without a mutex that won't have race conditions.
>>

>Just a quick update.  I've made some progress, but it will probably be
>another day or two before I'm finished.

Cool!  I'm a dvb-t user and seeing the same thing as you now that I have
updated to latest CVS.

I am just finishing an update to the audio so that mythmusic uses the
same code as main myth.  One of the things that I have played with while
doing this is pausing the hardware so that resuming from pause doesn't
have that annoying small pause with no audio.  I will get the other
stuff in first, but I think we can do some good stuff here if you are
able to fix this!

For me the biggest problem right now is that channel changes have gone
from around 200-800ms up to about 3-5 seconds.  I haven't debugged, but
I assume it's down to the pausing of the audio.  Will wait for you to
finish up before investigating further though.

Thanks

Ed W