[mythtv] Revamp of LiveTV (was [Fwd: Re: [ivtv-devel] #106 0.1.10-pre2, bigger encoder buffers])

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Mon Aug 30 05:39:32 EDT 2004

Imported from the ivtv mailing list:

> On Sunday 29 August 2004 11:18 pm, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 10:48:35PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > > Also, remember that live-tv in myth is: writing to disk, reading from
> > > disk, network i/o for communication between the frontend/backend.  It's
> > > slightly more complex (but will be simpler in a month or so once I revamp
> > > live-tv mode a bit)..
> >
> > Care to share any hints?  Or should I ask that on -dev?
>
> Should be on the mythtv-dev list, yeah, if you want more info.  But,
> essentially, it's going to be program based.
>
> Isaac

Just curious, but I guess this is what was discussed quite some time
ago where there is no ring buffer anymore and live tv is handled in the
same way as any normal program?

So this will make it possible to say "Record" while watching Live TV and you
could still get the entire recording, won't it?

Any idea yet how you are going to handle large files? Are you planning to
make some kind of mechanism that splits the files into chunks? Or? ...

Like I said: just curious :-)

Cheers,
 -Tako