[mythtv] Reasonable avsync at startup

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Aug 29 20:07:42 EDT 2004

> Doesn't make a real difference, no.  The problem is how much silence
> data is buffered when paused, not how much real data is kept buffered.

It should be possible to tune away this.  Alsa, and oss both have a
command to purge buffers.  If the code is pausing by spooling zeros to
the output, then we can take some action when we unpause things.

If you can feed me some more info on the problem then I will have a
look. I have some other changes to make to the audio code right now

Ed W