[mythtv] Audio problems

Neil Whelchel koyama at firstlight.net
Fri Aug 27 21:33:16 EDT 2004

Hello,
Seems like an audio problem with the latest CVS copy of mythtv using ALSA.
Some (possibly corrupted) video files produce the following error:

Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost![] afree=0 need=4096

Following this error ~2 seconds, the audio becomes white noise.
Seeking to a new position in the file corrects the audio problem until
another such error is encountered.

Just wondering if anyone else knows about this, or should I dig into it?

-Neil Whelchel-
First Light Internet Services
760 366-0145
- We don't do Window$, that's what the janitor is for -

Bubble Memory, n.:
        A derogatory term, usually referring to a person's
intelligence.  See also "vacuum tube".